Monday, October 23, 2006

He is a she.....

….no I didn’t just return from a trip to Thailand. I’m referring to the party I attended this weekend. Being my usual presumptuous self, when I heard the host was a police officer, I automatically assumed it was a man. The officer was in fact female! The party however was still a total bore. Not so much that I felt out of place more that it just wasn’t very interesting. Basically it was a evening full of a lot of elongated pauses between pointless conversational pieces. But here are two pieces of good news that came from the party….
(1) I didn’t leave with any of the ladies toiletries…can you dust for fingerprints when your soap has been stole?
(2) I did walk away with a phone number….the hosts number in fact!
The bad news is, she thinks I’m in Law school and I live on my own, and there is good reason for her to think that. I told her! I don’t know why I lied, I just couldn’t help myself. The conversation was flowing and I just couldn’t bring myself up to saying I lived with my mommy and daddy and I work in the clothing section of a well known department store. I’m going to call her right now and tell her the truth and see if she will still go out with me….stay tuned.
Oh in other news my mother just told my father she’s going to see a doctor about breast augmentation….and you thought your family was odd!

3 Comments:

Blogger Annelisa said...

...and you better put the handcuffs away - you're already chained to your parents! :-)
Hope she'll still go out with you - maybe she can loosen the links a little...

2:45 AM  
Blogger Annelisa said...

Did you read my poem about deceit?
http://wordsthatflow.blogspot.com/2006/10/trust.html The web is weak at first - totally breakable. But as it's built, it gets to be pretty sticky!
I once asked someone how they slept with the lies they told?
The answer was, "I don't"

3:18 AM  
Blogger Kilroy_60 said...

The first thing that went through my mind when I saw this title was Ann Coulter having an Adam's apple.

I'm following up on your comment in my post related to site renovation. I see that you have three visitors, but no links. One who is self proclaimed to be the most intelligent man should be able to recognize opportunity. Yes?










knock
knock
knock

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home