Monday, October 30, 2006

Cops and Bloggers

The question is, how far can you take a lie? I truly believe that if you stick with it long enough, the lie actually becomes truth. Last week I met a very attractive woman at a party (that she happened to be hosting). Using my natural gift of attracting the female persuasion I talked her into giving me her phone number. Somehow in that exact conversation, she got the impression that I live on my own and am currently attending law school at a local university. She may have thought this because I perhaps eluded to these facts. I was going to call her and straighten the whole misunderstanding out however our conversation got slightly off topic. So, I went on a date with the police officer, with her still under the belief that I am a law student. We went out on Friday night, first for a very nice dinner and then to a bar. The evening went quite well, we had some drinks, a few laughs and then I drove her home. Get your mind out of the gutter, I just dropped her off at her front door. No kiss. I called her the next day to thank her for the evening, she told me she had a good time but she had to run somewhere and she’ll call me back. Well, she didn’t call me back. I called her on Sunday and left a short message on her answering machine. I called her again today to say hi. She wasn’t home, so I left another message on her machine, well I actually left two messages, one this morning and one about 15 minutes ago. I guess she’s just quite busy.
So I’m living a bit of a lie….sue me! I will tell her the truth when the timing is right. IF anyone has any advice on the subject, feel free in posting it.
Tomorrow is Halloween and my mother is going to dress up like a patient. Yes, she is going to see a doctor tomorrow about surgery options. This is actually going to happen. I spoke to my father last night about it and he still thinks she won’t go through with it. I’m not so sure, I think she just might.
Tomorrow I will be home alone giving out candy to local kids. Tuesdays my father goes to a local bar with some friends and my mother plays bingo. I’m not a big fan of Halloween. As a child I had a bad Halloween experience and it has tainted the day for me ever since. I’m not going to get much into it, but let’s just say it involves me being dressed up like Raggedy Ann for a junior high Halloween dance….that ended up not being a costume party. I received a silly nickname that year…Rags. TO this day some people still call me it, and it makes me red with anger. I’ll probably give out candy for an hour and then shut off all the lights and leave a note on the door saying we are all out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rosemary said...

Hi Mark! Looks like the beginnings of an interesting personal journal you have here. I don't envy you trying to undo the lie about you being a Law Student and living on your own, but obviously at some point you will have to tell her, if you keep on seeing her.

Thanks for stopping by my blog at Yesterday's Memories. I'm curious as to how you found me, and I hope you stop by again sometime soon.

Good luck!!

4:06 AM  
Blogger Annelisa said...

Hello again Mark - seems like you've been busy in my absence :-) So, had the date, and the phone's off the hook (with you at the wrong end of it, apparently!) Um...did you leave your number?

If she hasn't answered by now, then - seriously!- let her go.

Though, I guess you could always camp out at the front of her place (and then you wouldn't be living with the parents anymore, so that will become true!

Keep the entries coming - what are you going to do next?

Oh, and I thought you were supposed to take candy from babies...

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude you are a huge loser! Take a hint, and move out of your parents house....you claim to be smarter than most people, to me you sound like a moron.

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home